Here’s a simple breakdown of the process to create a new website:
1. Pre-Planning — Who is your audience? What is your message?
2. Create a Sitemap — Decide what pages you need and how they will link to each other.
3. Sketch out a Wireframe — Decide what elements will go where on the Home page and key internal pages.
4. Decide on a style — Plan out text/link and highlight colors, choose fonts (web safe or @font-face), font sizes, backgrounds, etc.
5. Collect site “Assets” — Images, logos, text, icons, etc.
6. Design layout in Photoshop — Design and then “chop up” (I don’t mean Slices!!!) the doc for the elements you will need for the website.
7. Setup Web Hosting and Domain Name
8. Start programming!